At Complete PDA Ltd (CPDA) we are committed to protecting your privacy. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when interacting with us online, including our website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The Privacy statement below explains how we use information about you and how we protect your privacy.
We assure you we take the protection of your personal information seriously and we do not sell or share your personal information with third parties, unless it is an organisation working with us to deliver services to you, which you have asked us to provide.
If you have any concerns or questions about how we look after your personal information, please contact Mark Scott, Managing Director on email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CPDA may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. This page has been updated to ensure we are GDPR compliant. We will continue to monitor the policy on an annual basis from 25 May 2018 onwards.
What is personal information?
Personal information can be anything that identifies and relates to a living person. This can include information that when put together with other information can then identify a person.
What Data do we collect
We may collect the following information:
• name and job title
• contact information including email address, phone numbers
• demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
• other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
Why we need your personal information?
We may need to use some information about you to:
• deliver services to you and your organisation and support to you / your organisation
• manage those services we provide to you and your employees
• to share with third parties* who deliver services for us on your behalf
• help investigate any worries or complaints you have about our services
• undertake credit check procedures for new clients
• train and manage the employment of our workers who deliver those services
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. *See the section below ‘Who do we share your information with?’
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Delivering and monitoring services to your business
• Internal record keeping.
• We may use the information to improve our products and services.
• We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail.
• We may use the information to customise our website according to your interests.
We only use what we need
We only collect and use personal information to enable us to deliver the service for which we have contracted and to keep you informed of future services we are offering.
How the law allows us to use your personal information
There are some legal reasons why we need to collect and use your personal information.
• you have given consent
• you have entered into a contract with us
• it is necessary to perform our services to you
• we have legitimate interest in keeping you informed of the services we can/do deliver
• you have made your information publicly available
If we have consent to use your personal information, you have the right to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold. If you wish to view or amend your data or remove your consent, please contact Joanna@completepda.com or write Complete , Unit 16 Enterprise House, 44-46 Terrace Road, Walton-on-Thames, Surrey, KT12 2SD. We will respond to your request within 30 days from receipt.
You can ask to change information you think is inaccurate. We may not always be able to change or remove that information, but we’ll correct factual inaccuracies and may include your comments in the record to show that you disagree with it.
In some circumstances you can ask for your personal information to be deleted, for example:
• Where your personal information is no longer needed for the reason why it was collected in the first place
• Where you have removed your consent for us to use your information (where there is no other legal reason for us to use it)
Please note that we can’t delete your information where:
• we are required to have it by law
• it is used for freedom of expression
• it is for, scientific or historical research, or statistical purposes where it would make information unusable
• it is necessary for legal claims
Where your personal information has been shared with others, we’ll do what we can to make sure those using your personal information comply with your request for erasure.
Who do we share your information with?
We use a select range of organisations to deliver services to you including 02, EE and Clear Business. Our IT infrastructure is managed by A4IT and Telecom Help, we also work with individual contractors delivering sales and marketing support. Where we have these arrangements there is always an agreement in in place to make sure that the organisation complies with data protection law.
You can ask to have your information moved to another provider (data portability)
You have the right to ask for your personal information to be given back to you or another service provider of your choice in a commonly used format. This is called data portability.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Examples of our security include:
• Controlling access to systems and networks allows us to stop people who are not allowed to view your personal information from getting access to it.
• Training for our staff allows us to make them aware of how to handle information and how and when to report when something goes wrong.
• Encryption Services for data kept in ‘the cloud’
Where in the world is your information?
The majority of personal information is stored on systems in the UK. But there are some occasions where your information may leave the UK either to get to another organisation or if it’s stored in a system outside of the EU.
We have additional protections on your information if it leaves the UK ranging from secure ways of transferring data to that third party. We’ll take all practical steps to ensure your personal information is not sent to a country that is not seen as ‘safe’ either by the UK or EU Governments.
How long we keep your personal information for
There is often a legal reason for keeping your personal information for a set period of time, accounting and auditing. The information held by CPDA ranges from months for some records to several years for more established customers. CPDA makes the best effort to remove paper copies of information where electronic versions exist.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Where can I get advice?
If you have any worries or questions about how your personal information is handled please contact Mark Scott, Managing Director on email: email@example.com
For independent advice about data protection, privacy and data sharing issues, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) at:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Cheshire SK9 5AF